Don't Worry, Be Happy

Today is a wonderful day. Because -

*I'm speaking at the NZ Leadership Conversation Series about how "Storytelling Can Shift Thinking and Create Change". And the whole thing is making me a little queasy and I can't wait for it to be over so I can go back to feeling my usual sluggish and hungry self.

*I've been given my first Blogging Award.Yaay!Thank you to Peggy Eddleman and her fabulous blog for nominating me for the Liebster Award which recognizes awesome fun "new and upcoming blogs with less than 200 followers."Peggy blogs about writing and everything in between and I love reading her tips because she always makes these great analogies as she draws on her family and life experiences. And she has cookies over there. (always a drawcard for me). Thanks Peggy for the shout out.
The rules of the award are:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all - have bloggity-blog fun.

I follow a wide variety of bloggers so I've tried to make my nominations from different blog "genres" and international so u can trip around the world to visit them. They are -

What Goes on Under the Coconut Tree If you've moved away from Samoa but would still like to know what everyone's talking about on the seawall, then you need to read this blog. This Coconut Girl is blisteringly witty,in-your-face honest,and writes with no holds barred emotion about her journey as a mum, wife, daughter and life commentator.

Notes from the Twilight Zone This blog is very new and very good. I first met Anna when I was skinny, single and sultry ( which means it was a VERY long time ago)and we flatted together in Wellington. She's a bit of a (white) "dark horse" because I never knew that she was a writer. Well, her secret is out now and Im very glad that it is. Insightful parenting blog. (sometimes makes me cry)

Because I really can't get enough of myself Melissa Bastow in the USA is hilarious. Im always laughing when I visit her blog.

The Write ObsessionThere's a lot of book reviewer blogs and Lan's is my favorite because not only does she showcase good books, she's also a writer of YA urban fantasy fiction and chronicling the often frustrating journey to seeing her book on the shelves. (Lan is Australian and please note that I am a very good friend because I did NOT gloat and tease her when the Manu Samoa recently KICKED Aussie rugby butt. No, I am a kind and caring blogger friend.Go the Manu!)

She's Samoan and she's Stranded in Switzerland Want to read a hamo girl's view on meandering through Europe, getting a fish pedicure, latin lover dancing, checking out Cuba, and more? I will never have to travel because Swiss Hamo writes so beautifully about her adventures.

Hope readers will visit them all and enjoy.