The World according to a Beast

More evidence I'm a bad mother - the very NON.PC vocab of my 3yr old Beast. At her preschool she is ...

* best friends with someone she calls, "Chinaboy." But darling, what's his name? "Chinaboy! I already tell you!" And then she catches sight of him arriving with his mum and she yells, "There he is! Hi Chinaboy!" And I die.

* mad at a little girl for pushing her, "You know the White Girl? She be mean to me." Umm darling, which little girl are you talking about? The Beast stares at me like Im really stupid. "The White One! Over there!" And she points to a sea of swarming fair-skinned children. I give up.

*amused by a little boy with freckles who likes to do an odd little dance in the playground. "That boy with the spots on his face - he's so funny!"

*Entranced by the turbanned father of one of the students, "Ooh look he's got a donut towel on his head! Look at his head mama!" Shh.."But look!" Shh..don't point. Don't be rude. "But he's got a donut on his head! Can I have one too? Hey funny girl, your dad's got a funny donut on his head!"

And then off she runs to play. With Chinaboy, White Girl, Boy with Spots on his Face and Funny Girl with Donut-head father.

I wonder what they all call her? 'The Bossy Beastly Brown Girl'?